After 2,5 months, I finally released WordPress Move 1.3 yesterday. There are actually so many things I am planning to add but I don’t want to rush and cause a huge mess. I really enjoy developing it and thinking how to make it simpler and easier to use. There are much more capable solutions than WordPress Move but I think most of them (if not all of them) are way more complicated than they should be. I will always do my best to keep WordPress Move a simple, capable and free solution for migration purposes.
Changelog for 1.3
- Explanation for Change Domain Name is rephrased.
- Simple and Advanced Migration methods are merged.
- Meta boxes are added to the migration page.
- A database backup converter is integrated to convert WordPress-Move-only database backup files to generic SQL files.
- Backup files to use for restoration can now be selected right on the Restore page.
- Empty HTML files are added to backup directories to prevent them being listed by people trying to access the directory via their browsers.